Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Weekend in New England

I'm high and sleep deprived!! Lol, I had 3 hours sleep last night and today, it looks like I'm gonna have less than 2 hours. I am so gonna collapse soon lol. Anyways just wanna quickly post up some pics from my weekend trip to Boston.


Boston skyline

Quincy Market

The metropolitan is actually quite nice and peaceful. It has this chilled out atmosphere about it that I really liked. The Quincy Market is especially lively and you can get lots of amazing food there (free to try!) and various shopping. Met up with some Cambridge friends there, and we went on a free sailing trip on the river! It was really fun and the weather was great!

Lewis Wharf

Aboard the sailboat

Me in action

I also visited both Harvard and MIT during the weekend. However, I don't really have any pictures to post coz they really look unimpressive compared to the likes of Cambridge and Oxford. Instead, I am going to show you some of the amazing food I had there =). Priorities haha. Boston is famous for their clam chowder and lobster, both of which I tried at the Legal Seafood. Then we went on to have dessert at the Cheesecake Factory which was amazing! And the next day, we even went for high tea at a posh hotel! Lol, it was so different from the ones in Brunei. We actually got to 'taste' 4 different types of tea as well as learned the origins and characters of each of them! How cultured huh? All the information went over my head lol. It was definitely interesting.

The Lobster Bake

Chocolate Tuxedo Cream Cheesecake

Having High Tea

I wish I could spend more time in Boston just to chill out a little bit before returning to hustle and bustle of New York. We stayed over at a friend's place, which actually looked very much like a frathouse you would see in American movies! Fully equipped with eccentric characters, weird creatures in a glass tank, stolen road signs, a billiards table and even a nintendo cube set! Needless to say, we slept late that night lol.

No comments: